Friday 19 December 2014

The Owner of Young Wizards Academy


About Marty at Young Wizards Academy

While working for the school board as a special educational assistant for 8 years I loved working with kids but never got to be my silly fun self. Due to the school environment being a place of learning it leaves very little for one to have their self-expression and creativity come out.  I felt a sort of depression creep in to my life with this line of work. I was at the end of a long string of unfulfilling jobs that seemed to be taking me further and further from where I wanted to go, so  ended up making a huge drastic change and dropped everything career wise and travelled to oil sands to drive a Haul Truck in a completely 180 career change.  It was a crazy move but when you are searching for your dream you dare to try new things and become driven to do things differently.
 

It was a short lived venture as my personality was obviously not the right fit in the trucking industry and I rarely was able to spend time with my family but not all was lost.  As a trucker you spend a lot I mean a lot of time alone with yourself and in my case I do incredible amount of processing of my life when I am alone. The last few months working as a trucker was the most creative in my life, I wrote pages and pages of really cool activities and stories that capture kids imagination thus my business was born.  I came back to live a new life creating a children’s entertainment business that highlights imagination and  creativity that kids have for a short window of their life.

Marty Carew, a resident of Port Coquitlam and a former haul truck driver from the oil sands is the owner/operator of the new and innovative birthday entertainment company and website youngwizardsacademy.com.  Marty is currently enrolled in the Self Employment Program at Douglas College, learning the ins and outs of business ownership! Marty absolutely believes that having a healthy imagination can empower anyone to know want they want to be in life and help them find creative ways to deal with life’s incredible difficult challenges. For more information please click on this link. Kids birthday party Vancouver
Thanks for visiting!
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment